Wednesday, 30 May 2012

Battlegroup North

Battlegroup North 27.05.12

This was as enjoyable as ever with a wide variety of vehicles on display together with a small collection of wargame traders and miscellaneous others. My personal favourite was Colonel Bills at the entrance to the main hangar and the AW miniatures stand. It was good to see Rich, Tim and Alex at the show and I enjoyed the playtest of Normandy Firefight which is a complex set of rules for man-on-man WWII skirmish. I agree with Tim that it is a bit challenging with more than a few figures and will require some adaption for squad use. Though this is probably going a bit beyond its original concept. Ideally it would have worked better with a larger group of players.

Assorted Purchases:
  • 28mm SDKFZ 250/1 Neu Half-track which should go nicely with my growing collection of WWII Panzer Grenadiers
  • Field of Glory Renaissance Rules 24x ACW 1st Corps infantry in firing line pose (very cheap at £12.99 I thought)
  • Armies of Antiquity Supplement for WAB 1x Wide-brimmed jungle hat - very handy on a roasting day, though a bit big, impulse purchase?
 I look forward to seeing folks at Wartorn, though I hoping to attend Phalanx at St. Helens first. Anyone heading West for this?